Thursday, August 30, 2012

Joss Whedon Raises S.H.I.E.L.D

S.H.I.E.L.D.


              Avengers fans rejoice.  Joss Whedon, the man behind Avengers, Firefly, and Buffy is now attached to a show which follows the story of S.H.I.E.L.D. a secret spy and military organization in the Marvel Comics universe.  Featured in the majority of recent Marvel films and led by Nick Fury, S.H.I.E.L.D. could either be a great show from a master of stories (Don't believe me, please watch Avengers again, or marathon through Whedon's Firefly).
             
           The idea of a show about S.H.I.E.L.D. does raise a few questions.  In the past movies, it has just been the organization behind the scenes, supporting the action of superheroes.  It's difficult to imagine S.H.I.E.L.D. without its heroes.  Also, it's much loved character Agent Coulson died in Avengers.  A show without him would be a lesser show.

              I may have my doubts, but I am certainly still very interested in another Whedon production, especially one in the darker tales of the secret government organization.  Check out a cut opening scene in Avengers that reveals some of this darker side here.

No comments:

Post a Comment