Thursday, September 6, 2012

It's Official: Everything Connects to Harry Potter

Damian Lewis and Helen McCrory


              I can always count on IMDb to provide me with fundamentally unnecessary but weirdly addicting facts.  I can also always count on making odd connections to Harry Potter.  Today, while IMDbing Homeland, the Showtime show I've been watching, I found out that Damian Lewis, who plays the potential terrorist Brody on the critically acclaimed series is in real life married to Helen McCrory, who in turn plays none other than Draco Malfoy's mother Narcissa Malfoy in the Harry Potter films.  Mrs. Malfoy sure does like her fictional villains.
                I'm a big fan of Damian Lewis, who also plays a true war hero in Band of Brothers, portraying soldier Dick Winters with  grace and dignity.  It has honestly been strange seeing him play anything but a true hero as I've watched the CIA drama Homeland.  I just thought I'd share a random connect from Homeland, to Damian Lewis, to Harry Potter, to Band of Brothers and back again.  It is official. Harry Potter is somehow connected to EVERYTHING in pop culture and entertainment.

No comments:

Post a Comment