Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Do you reject Superman?


Man of Steel

         The new Man of Steel full length trailer has dropped.  I'm the first to admit I'm not a big Superman fan.  I always found him too super and not man (flawed, vulnerable) enough.  However, the trailer, much like the teasers that played before The Dark Knight Rises, displays a grittier, more trouble man played by Henry Cavill (The Tudors).  The trailer also gives us glimpses of his parents, Lois Lane (Amy Adams), and of course the signature costume.  What I most like is the simple, thought provoking idea Superman asks in the end.  In voice over, he asks if the world will be ready for him, or reject him, as his father feared?  Weighty stuff for a boy, and heavy stuff for a man.  I may just like Superman after all.  Check out the trailer here.

No comments:

Post a Comment