Thursday, April 18, 2013

The Great Gatsby and the Great Ad Campaign

The Great Gatsby


            If you've turned on your television in the past few days or been to a movie, you've surely seen the bombardment of advertisements for Baz Luhrmann's The Great Gatsby.  Honestly, I don't mind it.  The ads may not be quite as profound or moving as I Dreamed a Dream playing out over landscapes and revolution tragedy a la Les Mis, but every time a promo comes on, I find myself unable to change the channel.  The soundtrack, produced by Jay Z and featuring music from Florence and the Machine, Jack White, and the like, adds to the pull of the adaption of the beloved novel.  Gatsby is proving to be one of my most anticipated films of the summer.  Here's hoping the promos live up to the fun and drama they promise this May.

No comments:

Post a Comment