|Downton Season 3 Premiere|
Oh the joys of across the pond television obsessions. The long wait for season 3 of the much obsessed about Downton Abbey finally ended when the period piece/soap opera debuted last night. Clocking in at nearly 2 hours, the episode saw a lot happen to the Crawley family, the estate, and of course, the downstairs. Here, via pictures, I express my general feelings/reaction to the most important moments of the episode.
1. The fight between Lady Mary and Matthew over the future of Downton was frustrating, to put it mildly.
2. Branson and Sybil returning and causing shenanigans, upending stuffy traditions like only they can. All while discussing Ireland of course. Oh how I missed them in the Christmas special. They are such a breath of normal air. Irish air of course.
|Man do I want want to go there.|
3. The whole Bates, Anna condundrum, where Anna fights clear Bates's name and release him from prison. All she needs to do is get a map of the prison tattooed to her, just like Michael in Prison Break, and then get in prison herself. Or maybe they need to get Bates out stat...
4. The appearance of Shirley Maclaine as Cora's American mother caused quite a stir among the more traditional Downton crew. Go 'Merica.
5. The arrival of a new, ginger footman. (Maclaine is too, thus there are two main gings)
|I just love a good ginger moment.|
6. The wedding of Lady Mary and Matthew finally happening, because as Branson said (pulling straight out of Wuthering Heights, Matthew won't be happy with anyone else as long as Lady Mary roams the earth)
|They finally did it!|